College Name: Mepco Schlenk Engineering College
About College: Mepco Schlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi is one of the reputed private Engineering Colleges started under self-financing scheme on 17th October 1984. MEPCO refers to the Metal Powder Company, Thirumangalam and Schlenk is the German collaborator of the company. The institution is sponsored by the Mepco Schlenk Charities, a social welfare organisation of the Metal Powder Company Limited, Thirumangalam, which has won many National Awards for the outstanding performance in export promotion and R & D. The Board of Directors of our college are dynamic men with far sighted vision and wisdom, experienced in running several successful industries over three decades and also well-versed in running other educational institutions. The college was affiliated to Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai and now it is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai from 2001. Anna University Chennai confirmed the conferment of Autonomous Status by UGC, New Delhi to our college from the Academic Year 2013-2014.
Event: Two Days Workshop on “Insights of Research in Welding Engineering and Additive Manufacturing”Event Date : 14th-15th September 2018
Organized by: Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Introduction welding and additive manufacturing.
- Classifications of welding processes and additive manufacturing.
- Hazards and Safety in welding and additive manufacturing.
- Advanced welding processes
- Problems and challenges in welding and additive manufacturing.
- Welding of dissimilar metals.
- Testing and microstructural analysis of weldments.
- Weld inspections.
- Types of welding positions.
- Types of additive manufacturing.
- Types of joints.
- Research in laser beam welding.
- Research in electron beam welding.
- Hybrid welding, TIG, MIG, MIAB.
- Research in friction and friction stir welding.
- Welding of ferrous and non ferrous metals.
- Weld quality assessments.
- Weld stability improvement through coating, buttering, interlayer and deep recess method.
- Arc and gas welding – A perspective.
- Applications of welding.
- Applications and the need of additive manufacturing.
- NDT Testing.
- Case Studies.
- Industry Personnel : Rs.800/-
- Faculty/Research scholar : Rs.600/-
- UG/PG Student : Rs.500/-
- The registration fee shall be paid through a demand draft drawn in favour of “Mepco Schlenk Engineering College”, payable at Sivakasi.
- Accommodation can be arranged for outstation participants on payment basis (Rs.100/- per day) on request
- Last date to apply : 07-09-2018
- Date of intimation : 10-09-2018
Asst. Prof. (Sr.Gr.)/ Mechanical Engineering,
Mepco Schlenk Engineering College,
Mepco Engineering College Post - 626 005,
Sivakasi, Virudhunagar District,
Mobile: 9043820958, 9677913395, 9791625490
Event Details: Clickhere
College Website: www.mepcoeng.ac.in
To Get Update in Facebook,Clickhere