Post Date: 11/01/2018
College Name: Anna University
College Profile: Anna University was established on 4th September, 1978 as a unitary type of University. This University was named after Late Dr.C.N.Annadurai, former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu. It offers higher education in Engineering, Technology, Architecture and Applied Sciences relevant to the current and projected needs of the society. Besides promoting research and disseminating knowledge gained therefrom, it fosters cooperation between the academic and industrial communities
Event Name: International conference on evolving Strategies to overcome continuing Challenges in second language Education at the tertiary level.
Event Date : 1st,2nd and 3rd March 2018.
Organized by: Department of English
Areas for Discussion :
- Challenges in teaching ESL at the Tertiary Level.
- Heterogeneity in the ESL Classroom at the Tertiary Level.
- ESL Syllabus at the Tertiary Level .
- Testing Procedures at the Tertiary level.
- Mixed Ability Classes
- Coping with Limited Proficiency Learners at the Tertiary Level.
- Changing Methodology to suit the changing needs of learners.
- Integrating technology to design suitable materials at the Tertiary level
- Language skills teaching at the Tertiary level.
- Active– Research studies on overcoming challenges in the ESL Classroom.
- Policy and Practice of teaching ESL at the Tertiary Level.
- Decoding the LEP student at the Tertiary Level.
Call For Papers:Original research papers focusing on practices and experiences on the thrust areas are invited for presentation. Papers should be submitted in accordance with the following guidelines.
- Full name as it should appear in certificate.
- Designation & College Address with email.
- Title of the paper.
- Abstract (not more than 100 words)
- Full Paper typed in MS Word (double space, 2000 words, MLA format).
The Abstracts can be mailed to [email protected] before 5th February 2018 and after acceptance, the hard copy of the paper along with DD and Registration form should be sent superscribed “Paper submission CONFERENCE 2018” to “The Convener, International Conference, Department of English, Anna University, Chennai – 600 025”, before 20 February 2018. Intimation regarding acceptance will be emailed on or before 10 February 2018.
Registration Fee: Registration Fee of Rs.1000 for Faculty & Rs.500 for Research Scholars should be paid by DD drawn in favor of Organized Programmes, Anna University, Chennai-600 025, after receiving the intimation of acceptance.The DD and the filled in registration form should be sent to The Head, Department of English, Anna University, Chennai-600 025.