About College: This Institute was established in 1961 as one of the RECs for imparting technical education in Civil, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering. In the year 1983-84 the Under Graduate programmes in Electronics Engineering was introduced and in the year 1988-89 the UG programmes in Computer Engineering and Production Engineering was started. In the year 1995-96, UG programme in Chemical Engineering was introduced. In exercise of the powers conferred by section 3 of the University Grants Commission (UGC) Act, 1956, the Central Government on the advice of the University Grants Commission, has declared the Sardar Vallabhbhai Regional College of Engineering & Technology (SVREC), Surat to Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology (SVNIT), Surat with status of “Deemed University” with effect from 4th December 2002.
Event Name: One Week Short Term Training Program (STTP) On Recent Advances in Flood Modelling Under TEQIP-III
Event Date : 3rd-7th December 2018
Organized by: Department of Civil Engineering
Course contents: The course intends to cover following topics:
- Nature and characteristics of floods.
- Hydrology and hydraulic flood modelling.
- Remote sensing and GIS application.
- Introduction of 1D-2D Flood Modelling.
- Flood forecasting and early warning system.
- Introduction to modelling tools such as Mike 11, HEC-RAS, Arc GIS, HEC-Geo RAs, RAS Mapper.
- Case studies.
- Hands-on practice sessions
- Research scholar/PG/UG: 2000 Per person
- Faculty from Academic Inst.: 3000 Per person
- Industry delegate: 4000 Per person
S. V. NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF
TECHNOLOGY, SURAT, 395007
Dr S. M. Yadav
Professor and Head, Civil Engineering
Department, S. V. National Institute of
Technology, Surat – 395 007, Gujarat, India.
Mobile: +91 9426152906
Email: [email protected]
Event Website: Clickhere
College Website: www.svnit.ac.in